Accountant - CA(SA) – DurbanKZN
Experience and SkillsRequired:
- Banking and treasury product knowledge
- Up to date knowledge of tax legislation, exchange control regulations, IFRS & Financial modelling
- Risk management
- Highly computer literate
- Ensure best practice group cash management methodology, processes, and systems.
- Ensure that the organisation’s surplus funds are timeously and optimally invested in interest bearing facilities, within agreed risk “appetite” and liquidity requirements.
- Prepare and monitor the organisation’s cash flow forecast, monthly quarterly, annually for Management review and discussion, including presentation to the financial banks for new loan applications.
- Prepare financial models to assess viability of new projects (i.e., new property acquisitions and future developments).
- Review the commercial terms in the property purchase and acquisition legal agreements.
- Design funding structures for new projects to meet specific criteria associated with the project requirements by preparing capital asset financing packs for the banks for new property acquisitions and developments.
- Assess tax implications of funding arrangements.
- Maintain a register of approved capital expenditure and ensure that actual disbursements are within approved amounts.
- Ensure that the monthly rental billings and related property recoveries from tenants are accurate, in accordance with the governing lease agreement, escalations applied correctly and timeously.
- Enforce stringent debtor collection procedures.
- Prepare and analyse property income and expenditure statements.
- Review and ensure that property payments are timeously and accurately made.
- Perform analytical review of property companies, management accounts and balance sheet reconciliations and ensure that this is timeously prepared.
- Review of the year-end company audit files.
- Prepare and/or review of the property companies provisional and income tax computations in accordance tax law.
- Liaise with SARS, draft objections to SARS regarding disputes, prepare and/or review of schedules for VAT and income tax audits.
The company utilises thefollowing software in its operations:
- MDA Property Management System