Property Finance Manager
REPORTS TO: CFO, CEO DIVISION
Multiple Portfolios, Group Companiesand Estate Agents
LOCATION: KZN – Umhlanga Rocks
Property Finance Managers performdata analysis and advise senior managers on profit-maximizing ideas. They areresponsible for the financial health of an entire property group companies byproducing financial reports, direct investment activities, and developstrategies and plans for the long-term financial goals of Group. In addition,they plan and direct accounting activities within the Finance department byperforming the following duties list below, personally or throughsubordinates.
Responsible for the financialmanagement of the portfolios under management including:
• Providing strategic input into thepolicies and processes within the portfolio’s finance department
• Responsible for the full financialfunction of the Property portfolios under management
• Overseeing the financialmanagement of the Property portfolios accounting for all regions, ensuring thatthe various regions are provided with the appropriate guidance wherenecessary.
• Rolling out head office controlsand processes to the regions where applicable
• Overseeing the treasury andinvestment function for the portfolios under management
• Working closely with clients, toensure that the needs and expectations of the clients are being addressed andidentifying areas for improvement
• Overseeing and coordination of theinternal and external auditors, ensuring all necessary deliverables areprovided
• Must have a good understanding ofthe portfolio under management. Must have regular meetings with the portfolioaccountants and the creditors/cashbook supervisor responsible for the propertyportfolios to ensure that adequate guidance is provided where necessary.
• Must have a very goodunderstanding of MDA/MRI, Management reporting in order to be able to providethe necessary assistance to staff when required.
• Overseeing the maintenance and thereconciliation of the respective general ledgers.
• Performing all month-end andyear-end procedures, ensuring that all client requirements and deadlines aremet.
• Ensure that the financial recordsare accurate, complete, valid and classified correctly all the time. • Reviewof the monthly management packs where necessary
• Review and authorization ofbalance sheet recons
• Review and authorization of vatsubmissions
• Review of adjustment accountsprepared for sold properties
• Adherence to reportingrequirements for the portfolio under management (format and timing).
• Project manage client take on newproperty acquisitions
• A very good understanding of thetake on process to ensure the adequate coordination of the take on of all newproperty acquisitions
• Ad hoc review of portfolioprovisional income statements.
• Overseeing the submission of allstatutory returns
• Involvement in ad-hoc projectsrelated to the financial and administration needs of the portfolios.
• Important role regarding staffgrowth ensuring that staff have a clear and attainable future
• Assist in the drafting andimplementation of policies related to the financial systems andprocedures.
• Implementation, modifications andensuring the adherence to all internal controls
• Provide oversight and a high-levelreview of the budgeting process
• Obtaining high-level informationregarding large utility accruals, highlighting anomalies and variances whichrequire further attention from the relevant subordinates.
• Maintaining other financialcontrol functions
• Overview review of Year-to-dateresults, versus budget, and or previous projections, and proving Client withsummary.
• Managing and coordinating thevarious stages of financial closes and updates on the MDA/MRI with propertymanagement
• Due to the high demands of thefinancial management position, there would be a need to work overtime where theneed arises.
• BCom Honours, MBA or a minimum ofa bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• Previous experience as a financialmanager or a minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience as an accountant.
• Audit experience will be an addedadvantage
• Must have worked with propertymanagement systems within a large group KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS • Knowledge ofMicrosoft Word; Excel;
• Knowledge of MDA/MRI propertysoftware; and
• Explorer or internetsoftware.
• Complete self-motivation andself-starting capabilities.
• Ability to integrate informationfrom diverse sources, often involving large amounts of data.
• Proactively seeks and structuresnew solutions in clients’ best interests and those of
• Exceptional business and peopleskills.
• Strong team abilities.
• Total reliability.
• Time management.
• The highest level of client andbusiness confidentiality always.
• Ability to ensure that thestandards, disciplines, and procedures of the company are strictlymaintained
• Detailed understanding of theAccounting Standards, Income Tax Act is mandatory.
• Results focused.
• Ability to lead people and a levelof business maturity commensurate with that of a professional person.Please send your cvto email@example.com